Mood: Confused still...
Listening to: Bleeding Love – The Wombats
Still reading Crime and Punishment…
Despite missing the first bus to Seremban due to my oversleeping, I did attend the gathering last Sunday.
And my notion prior to coming to the gathering turned out to be true. How people have changed over the years.
I don’t know what to brand the changes with. If I say that it’s for the better, I am lying through my teeth. If I say that it’s for the worse, I might come across as judgmental. In the end, I resort to leaving all to God to judge them…
I endured stilted conversation, complete apprehension, and the inferiority associated with being underdressed. They are now active members of the social scene with credits at numerous parties and gatherings. I am still the stiff conservative that I was then, having done not so much of venturing outside than catching a flick at a cinema.
We watched Wanted and I must say that it was as disappointing as the meeting itself. I was fooled by the promo, thinking that the movie was not just like any other summer blockbusters, slick but with no substance. It turned out that the film fit exactly the typical Hollywood mould, slick and unsubstantial. The build up was nice what with mind-bending bullet projectile, freeze motion technique, which was abundant and a hot chick hell-bent on taking out people, but halfway through the movie, it was apparent who the good guy was and who was not. Heck, even the many carefully done reviews in the newspaper could not conceal the spoiler from the readers. How many times have we read that when a movie character gained the trust of an organization and vice versa, it turned out that there is more than meet the eyes about the organization? I was expecting that the movie would break away from this clichéd storyline but boy, was I wrong. To top it all, the movie decided to snuff the light out of my biggest celebrity crush. The goodbye letterings engraved on the exotic looking bullet at the end of the movie promo in the television is a dead giveaway of who I’m referring to…
I was disoriented when I came out of the cinema. And this was when my greatest fear was confirmed. I shall not divulge one bit more here but suffice to say that I was shocked beyond reasons…
After parting ways with them (in God’s honesty, I was thoroughly relieved, much too my displeasure), I made a few detours. The goal was to buy A Good School, a novel by Richard Yeats. After much hassle queuing up to withdraw money (the security alarm installed in one of the ATMs went off, extracting curious glances from the crowd) and buying Kit Kat from a newsstand so that I could get a plastic bag to carry my paperback safely into the mammoth MPH, I was met with another disappointment. The price was marked up to a price that I decided was way out of my means. I left the bookstore without the book.
I missed the last bus to Jelebu later that evening so I had to ask my dad to fetch me. Another hour was spent at arguably one of the biggest bookstores in Seremban. As expected, it didn’t carry the book that I longed for. I couldn’t find Freakonomics too!
I concluded that the trip was a disappointment through and through. The only consolations were the hearty offering from Carl’s Jr. and the sinfully delicious Dark Mocha Frappucino…Oh, I didn’t mind the company of Brian, Im, and Dio too.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment