Friday, July 11, 2008

The camp it was...

Listening to: Grace Kelly - Mika

5 days stretched almost like forever. Unlike others, I'm so glad that it's over and done with. To sum it up, it felt like an extended, physical Malaysian Studies class. But I'll still give credit to where it's due. I'm pretty much enlightened on a few issues, the abseiling was fun, and the Kembara wasn't all that bad (despite the disgusting sludge and thick brambles. I discarded all my clothing articles at the end of the exercise). Oh yeah, my belief in history is written by winners is further fortified.

I love my country. That is undoubtful. But what some of them tried to get across offended me in a way. Are we students not s'pposed to meddle in the business of politics, not to pay allegiance to a particular political establishment? But why did they try to sear that nascent seed in us? Up to this point, I'm still wondering...

I pray that I've passed the motion. Redoing it is almost unthinkable.

5 comments:

-esK.- said...

ehem..sebagai salah seorang peserta
aku berasa bahawa kita haruslah mengambil yang jernih dan membunag yang keruh. ini kerana kita harus sekurang kurangnya mengambil tahu dan mengakui sejarah. kite juga haruslah cakna dengan isu semasa dan juga membuat pertimbangan berdasarkan kedua dua belah pihak...-matillamaak over!-

Fiqry said...

well, the political situation is nothing like in US, but fortunately enough to be better than zimbabwe, at least that is what we have been made to believe =p

that's why if u ask me, politics is not my cup of tea, though having said that, I do admit that I do take sum interest in politics, but never to do extent of wishing to join a particular party or establishing my own party with my own agenda. politics = dirty. u have no idea what u've missed while u were being brainwashed at btn. almost every day, there will be news about parliament and the behaviours of our elected YBs. alahai, ke manakah arah tuju politik malaysia? =p

oops, terblog la plak=p oh, well, vote for a change we all believe in, vote for obama. lalala~ ^0^

the game said...

SiRinorkamila:saya setuju dgn siri.sesungguhnya kem tersebut berjaya mendedahkan beberapa perkara but of course it wasn't without flaws.Tp suspek r kt ko da berubah.Srikandi SiRi katenye!Hua3.

Fifi:Yeah.I was expecting that they could be a bit impartial considering that it was a course on keNEGARAAN,not kePOLITIKAN.I don't like politic too.Layers of lies and contradictions make up politics.But without them,who's gonna run the country ayte?Obviously I don't support anarchy.What I don't like is the sentiment that they tried to drum...

Anonymous said...

yeah, totally agree: history is written by the winners..btn was another history class with predetermined syllabus [almost like what we learnt in our spm, the kontrak sosial and bla bla bla]..in the end, we are still deprived of the truth, or maybe become more confused of what the truth is..[matilaa kalau pegawai btn baca!]

the game said...

Pidah:But I think kontrak sosial wasn't a part of our syllabus.I think they put a lil' bit more emphasis on it due to the latest turn of events.I totally believe in the fact that history is written by the winners.History can't never escape biasness...