Saturday, September 27, 2008

Donna's the Best!

I should count my blessings now for getting Donna as my PBL tutor.

My PBL session was initiated not in the stuffy seminar room but a bar.While other groups tended to skip the pleasantries and dived headlong into the topic prescribed,we took the first meeting as a social call instead.Which is great coz I don't have to pore over thick and musty literature and crack my head to solve the problems given in the booklet over the weekend.

I hazarded her early in the meeting that a) I don't drink and b) I'm fasting. Illustrating how considerate she is, she quickly mentioned Ramadhan and advised me to sign up for the Islamic Society here so that I won't feel all alone on the Eidul Fitri.She even went to the extent of posing a question to everyone in my group on how they'd feel if they were to celebrate Xmas thousands of miles away from their families.

PBL had a rather pleasant start despite the fact that it's me in a corner, not engaging in the general conversation (they were talking about parties, pubs, and lagers most of the time, fields that remotely interest me).

Oh oh oh,I've got a super kiasu member which me thinks, will dominate all future discussions. The joy of having a Mr. Know-It-All on board...Nah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms Dalgetty is a PBL legend.

Nuff sed.

(p/s: I told you so.)