16th September.
An important date indeed. Will there be a titanic shift in the way the country is managed? Looking at the current situation, I doubt that it's gonna happen. But the future is bleaker still. The collapse of Merrill Lynch (I still remember gawking at its office in Singapore which seemed so high and mighty) and Lehman Brothers could only spell financial uncertainties. The backlash can be felt the whole world over but I pray hard that the economic health isn't suddenly going to plunge to a critical level. Well, it will certainly take a dive but hopefully, it doesn't come crashing coz in many ways, this can affect us as students.
Speaking of money, Wan and I collected our stipend which is meant to last for 6 months. The amount = plenty. But given my confirmed prognosis as a compulsive shopper and a reckless traveller, I'm not sure that I'll have much left by the end of the period.
16th September.
An important date indeed. Oh Allah, give Wan an easy passage to obtaining his Visa. If he gets it today, we'll leave for Edinburgh later tonight. If he doesn't, we're gonna delay our departure. I think the uni will understand. It's not our fault but the Visa people's. The pointing fingers game is officially open...
On a related tangent, Monday saw me scrambling from a place to another, arguing with the guard at the embassy, getting testy with the difficult receptionist, plagiarizing other sponsor's letter to urge them to expedite the process, and begging to the embassy people to let me collect the Visa with Wan loyally trailing along. Finally, I got mine which made me feel somewhat bad coz Wan still hadn't got his...
Enough with sentences that drip with drama and sarcasm.
Anyways, if all goes well, I'll leave at Hours 2340, on Wednesday the 17th (which loosely translates to today!).
Irrespective to my flying out later tonight or not, I would like to
THANK
&
APOLOGIZE TO
EVERYONE WHOSE PATHS HAPPEN TO TRANSECT WITH MINE.
I'm gonna miss you all, the Malaysian rhetorical maladies, the food, the bus rides, the sun, and all the trivial stuff that makes this place really great.
This is probably the last post from here. My feelings? Chuffed, psyched, morose, nervous all form a mixed bag of emotions...
Adieu. Will update if time and circumstances permit.
16th September.
Happy Malaysia Day, fellow Malaysians!!! Let's pray for a better future...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
hey! saya will miss kamu!! take care! =)
You'll be leaving tomorrow night. Sedeyyyy=((
Amilas:Thanks!Will miss you too.A trip to Warwick soon.
Waa:Ah merapek!It's not as if u r not coming back for the new term pon...
hey!! have a nice trip : )
akan ku tunggu mu di warwick avenue.haha
Post a Comment