Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sotto Voce

Do you have pesky teeny voices at the back of your head when you're ploughing through the mountain of lecture notes, online practice pages or text books? I do. In fact, this wee digression is a product of one of these voices.

It's really annoying considering the fact that you've strained considerably to put focus on your reading. But these haranguing voices, daring you to do stuff irrelevant to the task at hand, are always there. An omnipresent, infinitesimally important presence, if anything. 

Right now, I have these flitting happily through my mind:

- Did I miss something in that game?

- I should call them. Oh wait, how much credit am I left with?

- Where should I go next winter? Paris is definitely a yes but where else?

- Damn, the laundry! 

- Need to refresh Facebook now. God knows what have happened in the last, say, two minutes?

- Will there ever be justice in the world? When will Malaysian leaders wake up?

- What should I have for lunch today? Should I ask someone to eat out with me? Or should I just grab a bowl of cold salad from Tesco?

- Need to refresh Twitter too!

- What should I get her? And how to make sure it arrives on time?

- Who's gonna cook tonight?

And loads of other stuff. You see, I'm so distracted that there's no way that I'll ever get my revision done. Also, I have a very short attention span. I can hold it for 10 or 15 minutes. Or maybe less. After that, I'll do something really counter productive for hours on end. 

Acht weel!

2 comments:

wabawuby said...

Wow, the title is in italiano. Oh yeah, I'm dropping by just to say 'Komen la kat my blog. Sedih ok nobody ever leaves a comment on it:('. Now I feel so cheap for promoting my blog and pestering people to read and comment it.

KyleWorthington said...

It is perfectly normal for us to get distracted at this stage of the academic year -- given the apparent pile of fun stuff to do after exams, who wouldn't drool over the mere thought of it?

Chillin', relaxin'...

Just don't let it bug you too much. Responsibility first. The payoff is going to be sweet.

Also, the addendum to my name (for the blog link) sounds rather...majestic. Think Leto Atreides II from Dune.

Absolute legend.