Saturday, May 2, 2009

Random rambling at half past one. In the morning.

I have to say that it did strike a chord somewhere when Jal pointed out that my blog is spending too long a time in desertion. To be honest, this sad condition is long noted by yours truly but nothing has been done so far and regretfully, it's gonna stay that way for a longer period. 

I've been wanting to continue doing my pet project for a few days now. I was fiddling with some ideas for the story development and even to the extent of creating the scenes in my head. A short digression in the form of rereading A Good School further augmented the feeling. I have to mention that, after a second reading, that novel is laden with dark and disturbing homoerotic connotations. But I mustn't slander that great work by Yates a porno because it's remotely that. It's just inevitable for a novel describing life in a single sex school to exclude anything sexual. Anyway, my point is, I could sense the long lost fluidity called creativity is brewing and coming back from its viscosity. 

I would have happily started tapping away on my keyboard but nay, I dragged my feet. Ultimately, all the sparks slowly died down and the last of the free running creative juice slowly seeped back to its little hidey hole. Yes, it stopped even before it began. 

Now, the future of my blog. I think I've reached that twilight zone. It's the time when I should seriously contemplate on throwing in the towel....

I don't know. God, give me strength.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm... well, there's no point in doing things that u have no interest in anymore. if u can't enjoy it, y bother rite since it'll be like a chore..

but the selfish part of me would still like to enjoy your writing. after all u have a gift, why let wither away and die? but still it's ur call.

p/s: i'm writing at almost half past one am too. shud have done my work but finding excuses to laze around. shud shoot myself now *bang*

KyleWorthington said...

ohyourestillalivehithere

i say no to this galactic monstrosity that is you trying to ditch your blog/writing/etc

you know what i think? this is just a phase, and it'll pass. i tried to do the same thing way back when in college -- obviously i failed miserably at the frail attempt--

someday, the plot bunny will jump at you and the words will flow fluently again. someday. when there's no pressure from exams and stuff.

whoa. betterstopnow okbaithx.

the game said...

Something's really funny must have gotten into my head: Even writing a comment is a chore! I just don't know how to phrase it...

I hope it's indeed a phase. But the longer I wait, the lesser the possibility of regaining the loss passion.

Btw, why's the sudden change to Blogspot?

KyleWorthington said...

ha, i've always had a blogger account -- switched to lj because there's so much wank and fun in fandom.

missed blogger without the fancy stuff that is lj. besides, lj is where i become notoriously incomprehensible to people who know me irl (thank the Powers that Be for the friend-lock function).

ergo, the change.

i'm telling you: when there's idleness and indolence once holidays kickstart, the itch will grow on you until you could do nothing but scratch it.

wait and see.