I've been meaning to post this a few days back but I had to rush off to PBL. Semester 2 is A LOT more cramped than the previous one.
The college community was once blighted by the sudden interest to blog made evident by a string of new blogpages. A wise friend who happened to own a blog prior to coming to the college, commented on the trend, stating that most wouldn't last for more than a few weeks. It was a fad that people clamoured to participate but left it for abandonment as soon as the wind changed. Quite surprisingly, most of the blogs spawned in that period still survive until this very day and the so-called original bloggers have seemed to leave their once trusted muse behind.
And it's quite obvious that I've slowly started to detach myself from my confidant. The idea is that I could no longer sustain the previously unstoppable momentum of blogging. Not to mention, life is getting more hectic these days. Curiously enough, I seem able to spare some time updating myself with other blogs but do much less to attend to the needs of my own platform of ranting. Speaking of rants, I can't help but to feel that my writing is not substantial enough for others to benefit. I don't have interesting daily encounters (right Ede?), I can't preach on a lot of things due to my own ineptitude, and I certainly can't generate and solidify an opinion. Most if not all of my posts are daft. Therefore, I must apologise.
Perhaps I should start taking a sabbatical. Perhaps I should start reading extensively on relevant materials so that I have good things to report back. Or perhaps I can simply stick to my old prescription on how and what to write. But to do this, I need to search for the presently missing commitment. Yes, to keep a blog alive, one has to be a very dedicated person.
A very American syndrome has infected me; I can't seem to stay in one place forever without asking "what's next?" It's this dilemma that I'm facing.
P.S: This is not a goodbye. Hopefully.


6 comments:
owwww.. don't say that. why r u so stressed on writting blogs. just write what u want to. the things that u like n stuffs. i think people just want to know that u are somewhat alive ;)
true! ur posts are not daft! they are bitchy, but not daft. and the bitchiness.... well that's what makes you, you, dear =)
and don't u dare pull an "athirah". if u ever delete this blog, i'll be really scaryyyy... even scarier than aqtar at his scariest!!!!
Oh chill.I'll never delete it.But you can expect the update to go intermittent in the near future.
yup, i agree with jal, just write about what u want. heck i just write cryptic ones. lol. lagipun, kalo nak sgt post yg berilmiah, haruslah i tukar ur link at my blog jadi firdaus, author of the 'Ketokohan Akademik' motivational book.
i pulak skrg tgh tbyg ede scarier than aqtar, adakah telinga dan mata akan berdarah dgn melihat ede sahaja? hmm, harusla Aqtar berguru ngan ede.
nonsense, fifi, nonsense.
you write beautiful prose. and that's a good enough reason for you to go on writing.
not many people can write the way you write, so DO NOT deprive me of my dose of "transient". oh come on. i love the way you write. don't do this to me.
wei, dah dah.. xyah nak drama. jgn ngade2 r nak brenti blog. aku sokong jo. kalo x nanti aku kena start bace novel balik haha
Post a Comment