Friday, January 23, 2009

All about him

An epiphany struck me as I made my way back from the Anatomy Lab, smelling of formaldehyde; affection can make you evil. It's a God simple truth that I've overlooked time and time again. It's not a blatant accusation on this honest deed, it's merely a dissection of it from a different plane. Affection is intimately linked to preferential treatment which in turn leads to dissatisfaction. It's never difficult to be showered in this good grace as a whole spectrum of characteristics can please the affection giver. One can be thoughtful and coherent in conversation or one can be competitive in many aspects or one can be very brooding and enigmatic to elicit love from people around him. You see, the list can go ad infinitum. On the other hand, one can be very chatty or one can share plenty of good moments yet one might not come across as too appealing to the people hence one gets reduced to an omnipresent state. This ubiquity can also be afforded by long contact hours. Inevitably, people get weary of the same person. 

Here are the few things that happened to me in the last couple of days (more like weeks?):

1) I lost half of my socks pair at the mosque today. Walking with my right foot naked against the innerside of my shoe did not feel comfortable at all. Least it was amusing.

2) The buzzer system has been fixed. Finally.

3) Unfortunately (referring to the previous point) the maintenance crew fails to see into the problem of having a lightless stairwell. Walking down the stairs at night has never been this daunting.

4) Anatomy lessons can be made more effective have we had more staff and materials. And we desperately need lecture notes for pre-practical lectures because it's humanly impossible to memorise everything the lecturer has just said without a proper visual aid.

5) I chanced upon the beauty of Edinburgh a few days ago. Indeed this is a very pretty city. Romanticising the city that I live in might sound daft but it's a truth that I can't dispel. 

6) Shopping can be very depressing. If your bank account is ailing. It's not long before I need help from IMF....

7) I'm not too excited to do the HNOP interviews. 

8) I WANNA SEE SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE!!ANYONE??

7 comments:

wabawuby said...

Is that all??? Where's the content of this post? What is it about? About him? About WHO? *curious* Tell me. Tell me. I wanna know. There are too many unanswered questions here.

the game said...

Not telling until you've invited me to see your blog....

wabawuby said...

Teach me how to add links first. Por favor.

Anonymous said...

Ouh, first paragraph seems to be irresistably juicy. Care to share?

Anonymous said...

that's what i said to him warwern. but he's being amazingly tight-lipped about it. kalo u tahu jgn lupa bgtahu i. kita buat conference. haha

the game said...

Like I said,it's just a random thought...

Anonymous said...

random? ouh. owh well.