Yes,it's one of the rare days that lecture ends before 10 in the morning and students are then left to their devices in filling in the time before tomorrow's lectures. You can go to the library, do groceries, or work out at the gym. I choose to return to the comfort of my room, away from the frenetic and soggy rush downstairs (it's drizzling out there!)
A lot and not much has happened since I last posted, depending on how I want to look at it. Exam is less than a month away and I am now overwhelmed with unfinished revision. It's crystal clear that I've been left bajillion miles behind judging from the little sense that I can draw on the online academic discussions. Yes, they tend to stray off tangent but that is not an excuse for my lack of even the most fundamental of knowledge. In every sense, I've been adequately inept.
So, recap. Last weekend saw me travelling 7 hours in a cramped bus to Nottingham. While the journey was as uninteresting as the annual health report of the geriatrics in Scotland, the event itself was amazing. Nothing beats seeing Fiqry paving ways to become somebody really important in the future or gossiping with Tyra and the gang or catching up with the boys or gaping in awe at Bazli's ability to dispense lurid jokes. Even the so-so Malaysian food was enough to quench a certain craving. Indeed the trip wasn't really to see people getting sweaty and all in action but merely a catalyst to rewire some (not so) long-lost connections. I also found out that R&R food in the UK is bloody expensive!
Last Tuesday (or was it Wednesday?) saw my first participation in a public demonstration. The Israeli Ambassador desecrated the ground by coming and giving lecture at the university and we were there to express our disgust and contempt at Israel continuous violations of the human rights. Most interestingly and rather (un)fortunately, the non-Muslim Caucasian helm Palestinian Solidarity Society and they are more semangat-ed in showing defiance against Israel occupation of Palestine. I was rather slighted and taken aback to see less Muslims at the demo. This is actually reflected at a larger scale. Muslims are not united enough to stand against the notoriety of the Zionists which is very embarrassing. The lecture was a failure.Most attendees were there to grill the ambassador and dissent with whatever justification he was making. As of now, I'm abstaining myself from venturing into Starbucks... which is kinda difficult but with so many substitutes present, I should not be able to find an excuse.
I was down with fever on Friday. Had a microbiology practical on Wednesday so I might have caught some bugs then. Or maybe I got them from Ilinda. Or Millie. LOL. I had a really dormant weekend as a result.
A 2000-word essay to be done with plenty of references are expected. I'm so glad that tutorial with the intimidating GP is over but I dread the way he's gonna mark my essay. Off to work now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment