Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Tale of A City, An Irked Citizen, and Two Impetuous Buyers.

They definitely raised the benchmark today as compulsive shoppers. I thought we were just gonna look around, figuring what we would like to have in our new abode. Apparently, I was misled. They signed up almost immediately. The show unit will be ours in a year time. I won't protest though. Seremban will be at our doorsteps soon. Convenience, finally.

I've always liked the idea of living in a big city. The crowd, hustle bustle, traffic jam, pollution, and pricey living cost are more like impetus for a good life. Of course the majority won't agree with me. Most would want to escape the hectic living. I'm drawn to it instead. That's why I like taking the train jam packed with world weary commuters. Oddly enough, they seem to induce an unspeakable, intangible comfort.

The only downside is that big cities are mostly infested with immigrants, legal or otherwise. True, they are indispensable in moving the country forward but their presence is just annoying. An utter lack in manners and reckless, I'm always alarmed whenever they are around. Skin will crawl, ire is drawn, and flashes of foreboding thoughts skitter happily through my brain. Hey the-power-that-be, do something before they take over the country! The policy makers especially those who grant them stay here should all go to BTN to reinstate the spirit of nationalism. Isn't that the whole point of attending the camp? Instilling an unconditional love towards the country, letting it not be wrestled away from the righteous owner. Somebody should take note of this.

1 comment:

wabawuby said...

Hurmm. The reasons why you like living in a city sound very very familiar..