Thursday, August 13, 2009

You can't get too much on your plate!

Life has a funny way to sneak up on you. 

I have to be contented with the fact that nothing eventful had taken place in my life. But that doesn't mean that I'm not grateful. Last week saw me spending more time in the haze-chocked KL. I was in a considerable scare when I had a temperature on Sunday night. It was pretty bad what with badly parched throat and slight dizziness. Mercifully, after taking two tablets, the fever went away when I woke up the next morning. But it doesn't mean that I'm clear from that vile virus. I could be harboring them without me realizing it.

I also went to school to speak to the Form 4 students. Had it not been for Raiz's invitation, I would never come round to give a talk on scholarships and whatnot. My only regret was that we didn't talk to the Form Fivers who, in my view, are in a greater need for the information. When I was in Form 4, I didn't even think about the future let alone trying to get myself abroad. Sorry, I was not that ambitious and still am not!

The highlight of the two trips is the chance to catch up with old friends. I particularly take delight in meeting Lawi after a year of separation. It seems that time really do fly when you're having fun.

The new abode promises a properly working Internet connection. I'm majorly elated!

A-Levels results were also announced last Monday. As usual, surprises were abound. Not making the grades is now a staple news every year. For those who managed to get the desired grades, felicitations. For those who didn't, don't be sad. Plenty of opportunities are still available for you to pursue. When a door closes, another opens.

But what shocked me the most was  the news of a certain group of juniors who were involved in an automobile mishap. What threw me was the victim in the said accident. I must fess up that he's not exactly my most favourite character. Hence, some really backtalking, if you get my drift. Now, I'm ridden with guilt. It's difficult not to if the said person is knocking on the Death's door. I pray for his safety. 

To kill the time, I've read a number of novels. It's only recently that I discovered that I hadn't been reading too many of new things. My personal faves are Life of Pi, Spud (already bought the sequel on Amazon), Trainspotting, and The Reluctant Fundamentalist. I ought to get more books to be read. In the meantime, I'm working on my project. Am glad that it's really shaping up. 


2 comments:

KyleWorthington said...

One word:

TRAINSPOTTING.

Irvine Welsh FTW.

the game said...

Trainspotting is just epic!

Hey,I reckon if you wanna go to the States,it's better if you get the visa here.Less hassle.