Friday, June 19, 2009

A Treacherous Swine

The days seem to plow on in a neck breaking speed yet there is no sign of it letting up there. The plan is not born out of slapdash idiocy, not even from fatuous mind darting. Instead, it is very much deliberate. I guess that's the danger of planning ahead. They should nix it out from any self-guide manuals. Let us all adopt spontaneity like there's nothing else to spare.

Of course, nobody should take the fall. If any heads ever were to be rolled, that would be fearfully mine. Laundering money for a no cause is one thing, trying to shift it to a later date is another. The only weapon that I can wield is my prayers, together with others'.

One of any number of my sins is a constant yearning for globetrotting. If I have the means, I would definitely turn the world to my oyster, whatever it entails. Without a doubt, studying abroad has granted me a passage to explore different localities. It's like a door has swung open for me that behind it, new vistas emerge for me to savour. I wish to enjoy the different ways people live, the different points of view they hold, the different food they consume. After each journey, I would be obliged to proffer my stories to the ones I love, retailing them with renewed vigour. Another secret that I feel compelled to let you in is I take pride in where I have been to. Surely getting lost in an unknown Eastern European city is tempting but if it doesn't have its own Big Ben or Statue of Liberty, I won't consider it as an option at all. Hidden gem is not meant for me to find; tourist traps attract me like a moth to a lamp. I want to embark on a journey through the sparse wasteland of the Egyptian desert, climb Kilimanjaro after a self-filling work in Tanzania, conquer the Far East (Hong Kong, Beijing, and Tokyo), suffer the arduous trip to Machu Picchu, and pretend that I'm a true New Yorker. I pick the essential, in a nutshell.

I think I should start considering a career as a travel guide writer. Maybe in a parallel universe. But now, I must worry about my Australian adventure, which is close to being thwarted.

No comments: